The PRINCE2 Foundation course covers the basics of the PRINCE2 method. The training course is aimed at giving delegates an understanding of the philosophy behind the PRINCE2 method and is aimed at preparing delegates for the official PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
This course is suitable for project managers, team managers, project support staff, quality assurance staff and for anybody else who is somehow involved in participating or running one or more projects.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course is a 2 day training with an optional official PRINCE2 Foundation exam given at the end of the second day.
Key elements in the PRINCE2 Foundation course are the process model, themes and principals. During the PRINCE2 Foundation course delegates will learn how to set up a project management organization that is responsible for managing and planning the project. Delegates will be taught how to define the different project management roles to guarantee that the project is run in a most effective and efficient way. The method of "management by exception" will play a crucial role in handling project issues.
This training will give you an answer to the following questions:
- What do you need to do to start-up a project.
- How is the work divided between the Project Board and the Project Manager.
- How is the Project Manager going to issue work to Team Managers.
- How does the Project Manager keep informed about progress of work.
- How does the Project Manager handle issues and risks.
- How does the Project Manager communicate with the Project Board.
- How will the Project Board manage the project using Management By Exception.
- How is the project divided into stages and how are these stages managed.
- What does the Project Manager need to do to prepare the project closure documents.
- How can the Project Board close the project in a normal way and prematurely.
- How the themes are supporting the principles
9.00 Introduction to PRINCE2
Processes Start up a Project, Directing a Project and Initiating a Project
17.00 The day 1 finalized
8.30 Theme: Plans
Theme: Business Case
Process: Controlling a Stage
Themes Progress, Risk and Change
Processes: Managing Product Delivery, Managing a Stage Boundy and Closing a Project
16.45 Day 2 finalized
17.00 Optional PRINCE2® Foundation Exam (60 minutes)
Delegates will have a part of the training materials in advance with study guidance in order to be able to practice for the exam.
An optional PRINCE2 Foudation will take place at the end of the second day. The duration is one hour (+ 15 minutes, if English not native language) and it is a closed-book exam. It will be charged separately.
All materials are in English and the training language is English.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
The SwirlTM is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited.
Wakaru Oy is an Accredited Training Organisation for PRINCE2®.